Didn’t your Mom tell you not to play with fire? Weak passwords put your personal identity or business data at risk of being compromised. How important is password security? A simple Google search for password security just now returned over 400 million results – that’s significant! I cannot overemphasize how important it is to use STRONG passwords.
- Use at least eight characters, with mixed case letters (upper and lower case)
- Use a password that can be typed quickly (to prevent over the shoulder spying)
- Mix alpha numeric characters in a seemingly random manner.
- Change your password regularly.
- Do NOT use words that are included in any dictionary – even encrypted, these can be cracked in seconds!!
- Do NOT use dates
- Do NOT use information that can be easily obtained about you. This includes your nickname, your pet’s name, your hometown, etc.
- Do NOT use all numbers or all alphabet characters – mix them!
- Do NOT reveal your password to anyone!
There are any number of websites that help you understand – how vulnerable your passwords are. One of these is http://howsecureismypassword.net/ Simply enter your password and it will return how long it would take to crack it. Mine was six thousand years, but I could improve that by using a symbol instead of just letters and numbers.
You could also try the password meter at https://www.vpnmentor.com/tools/passwordmeter/
Brought to you by ProlimeHost
We’ve been in the web hosting industry for ten years, helping hundreds of clients succeed in what they do best and that’s running their business. We specialize in KVM SSD VPS and Dedicated Servers, with data centers in Los Angeles, Denver and Singapore.
If you have any questions about our services, please email us at email@example.com or give us a call at +1 877-477-9454. You can also PM me on Skype at infusingmarkets or on AIM at plhsales
ProlimeHost specializes in dedicated servers, with data centers in Los Angeles, Utah and Denver. Call +1 877 477 9454 or email us at Sales@ProlimeHost.com. We’re here to help.